Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Overview: The Samsung 3D Starter Kit (SSG-P2100T) includes two 3D
active glasses, two lithium coin-type batteries (CR2025 3V), two soft carrying
pouches, and a 3D Blu-ray movie disc (Monsters vs. Aliens). Samsung's battery
powered 3D active glasses allow you to experience 3D entertainment from a
Samsung 3D HDTV and a Samsung 3D Blu-ray player (with 3D movie), or satellite
provider broadcasting in 3D.
Compatibility: The Samsung 3D Starter Kit (SSG-P2100T) is compatible
with 2010-up Samsung 3D-ready HDTVs. You must also have a 3D-ready Blu-ray
player with 3D content, or a satellite/cable provider broadcasting in 3D.
Note: Not compatible with previous Samsung TV's which featured a
3D Sync IR output.
3D Active Technology: When you put the 3D glasses on and look at the
TV screen, this active 3D technology first blocks the left and then the right
lens (faster than the blink of an eye, so you don't even notice), displaying the
screen's images separately to each eye. This "staggered" effect provides far
more lifelike 3D images, than previous technologies.
Operation: The 3D active glasses operate off of a single CR2025 3V
lithium coin-type battery. The battery compartment is on the inner left-hand
side of the glasses. There is a power button on top of the right-hand side of
the glasses. The power button features a red LED indicator. The indicator blinks
for 3 seconds when turned "On", and blinks three times when turned "Off".
Rules for TV Watching:
- If you are watching 3D in a room lit by a light magnetic fluorescent
lamp (50Hz or 60Hz), you may see flickering on the 3D glasses. If this
occurs, please turn off the light.
- If you change the channel or input more when watching 3D, the TV will
change to 2D from 3D automatically. When the TV changes from 3D to 2D the
glasses will automatically turn off.
- If the Emitter becomes disconnected to due to either a change in the
angle or viewing distance, the 3D glasses turn off automatically after 2
minutes. This this case, the red LED blinks 3x.
- 3D glass may not work properly due to noise interference from
other electric devices under specific condition.
- Shutters: Liquid crystal
- Signal Distance: 6.6' (2m) to 19.68' (6m); 50°
(left/right) of TV's emitter
- Transmittance: 35+/-2%
- Field Rate: 120 fields/s
- Glasses Only: 1.18 oz (33.4g)
- Glasses with Battery: 1.27 oz (35.9g)
- Power Supply:
- Battery: One 3V lithium/manganese dioxide battery (CR2025)
- Operating Time: 50 hours
- Power Consumption:
- Glasses: 2.5mA (average)
- Battery: 1.65mAh, 3.0V (CR2025)
- Operating Conditions:
- Operating: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to
- Storage: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to
- Since the product surface and the lens are
easily scratched, make sure to use a clean soft cloth (superfine fibers,
cotton flannel) when cleaning them to avoid scratching the lens. As the
product may become scratched if there is any foreign material on the cloth,
make sure to shake off any dust before using it.
- When cleaning, do not spray cleaner
directly onto the surface of the product. This may result in fire or
electric shock, damage to the product surface, or result in the indication
labels peeling from the product surface.
- Do not use chemicals containing alcohol,
solvent, or surfactant, or chemicals such as wax, benzene, thinner,
lubricant, or cleaners. These may result in discoloration or cracks on the
product surface and cause the indication labels to peel from the product
- Please note that if you watch 3D TV for too long while wearing 3D
glasses, you may experience headaches or fatigue. If you experience
headaches, fatigue, or dizziness, stop watching immediately and rest.
- Pregnant women, people with heart issues, people who get easily
nauseous, as well as person with epilepsy should not watch 3D videos.
- Use this product only for viewing 3D TV. Don use it for any other
purpose. If you use the 3D glasses as normal glasses, sunglasses, or
protective goggles, your eyesight may be damaged.