Camcorder zoom microphone
Share this product:
Our take on the Sony ECM-HGZ1
This handy zoom microphone helps you capture cleaner sound when you're filming distant action, like a child's soccer game or stage performance. When used with a compatible Sony camcorder, it automatically synchronizes itself with your camcorder's zoom as you zero in on faraway details, so does the microphone. And when you zoom back out for a wide-angle view, the mic switches to a wider pick-up pattern to match the scene.
- attaches to compatible camcorder's Active Interface Shoe
- compatible with select Sony camcorders, including the DCR-PC55, DCR-PC1000, DCR-DVD203, DCR-DVD403, DCR-DVD92, DCR-HC90, and HDR-HC1
- synchronizes microphone's pick-up pattern with camcorder's zoom
- captures sound in mono
- no batteries required powered by camcorder via interface shoe
- includes carry pouch
- weight: 1.8 oz.
- 4-9/16"L x 1-5/16"W x 2-7/16"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box?
Download owner's manual
- Electric condenser camcorder microphone
- Fabric drawstring pouch
- Instruction sheet (English/French/Spanish/Japanese)
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Power: The power switch is set to Off, Zoom, or Gun. Power is supplied to
the microphone from the camcorder through the Active Interface Shoe so no cable
Zoom: In the
zoom mode, the microphone's directivity is synchronized with the camcorder's
zoom lens. The mic becomes more directional (narrow) when the telephoto is used
and less directional (wide) when the wide angle is used.
Gun: In the
gun mode the microphone is not synchronized with the zoom lens and stays in a
microphone can rotate a little more than 180° once mounted.
The ECM-HGZ1 microphone is compatible with camcorders having an
Active Interface Shoe.
- Electric condenser microphone
- Weight: approximately 1.8 oz
- Directivity: Gun
(super-directional) or Zoom (adjusts with zoom lens)
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104 degrees
Reviews for the
Average Customer Review:
Review this product:
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about this product. Please
be sure to focus your comments on the product itself. Read our
Review Guidelines for more information.
For a more in-depth review and enhanced detailed information on the
Sony ECM-HGZ1, please visit the Crutchfield website product
Get live, personalized service from an expert
Crutchfield Advisor: Hi there.
We're happy to answer questions or provide additional info about this item.
Advisors also available at 1-888-600-3963